Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It starts...

I have been drowning in ambivalence over "to blog or not to blog" for months now. I can and often do complicate things to the extent they never happen. I am starting this blog today in the hopes of moving forward.

This blog shall serve primarily as free therapy for me. I like to talk. I like to think out loud. I'd like to give my inner circle a break from my constant analytical ramblings. I'd like to not pay someone else to listen to them. I would like at least the possibility that someone else is listening, someone I don't know and will never meet, someone who will, if I'm lucky, remember me when I'm gone. Or at least remember what I said.

The Rules:

1. I will do my utmost commit to one entry per day, no more, no less, with a minimum of three sentences in length. Of those sentences, none can be "I do not know what to write" --- a perennial favorite of mine during grade school journaling periods as the teacher insisted we just write something. I abdicate myself from blame if all this ends up as a pile of pseudo-thoughtful haikus. :) I'll give a caveat here that this blog is obviously not my # 1 life priority and given that I'm about to start an intense training period for a technical job, frequency may vary at first.

2. Two of the most important elements of good therapy are confidentiality and trust. As such, this blog will retain a certain flair of anonymity. I will hold myself accountable to facts and will not post anything that is overtly dishonest, speculative, or "ranty." I am here to tell the truth. What I will not reveal are the real names, locations, or any other details that may be considered identifying of anyone else but myself, at my discretion.

3. Subject matter on this blog may vary, and may include profanity at times. I'll try not to be fucking gratuitous about it. :) Any readers who do decide to join me on my journey (who will be greatly appreciated even if not intentionally pursued) shall have the same freedom. If you would like to troll me, mention something totally off-topic, or behave in a way you would never consider face-to-face, you are just as welcome here as any more agreeable or erudite folk. I will not moderate comments and I will not delete them, for any reason.

Now that we've laid out the rules... there's one other thing to say:

As a former moderately successful "blogger" with a decent following who ultimately got burned out (RIP, My Dear Diary), I will not make the mistake of boring myself and the universe with extensive backstory at this point. You can feel free to click the "view my complete profile" link under "About Me" at the bottom left of this page if you'd like the Reader's Digest version. If you encounter something in my present moment-oriented writing that seems unclear, out of place, or intriguing, just let me know and I'll be happy to fill in detail.

1 comment: